“People at Connections have helped keep our family together.I don’t know where we’d be without you.”
Connections is a ‘small but mighty’ non profit in disability services, supporting parents with cognitive challenges to maintain safe and nurturing homes for their children. As a leader in parents’ rights advocacy, Connections provides life-long, in-home support and parenting skills education, financial coaching, group programs, counselling, and community resourcing to over 100 families in and around Calgary.
Connections’ Agency Director (equivalent to Executive Director) position is available.
We are seeking a person who will champion the rights of parents with cognitive disabilities to have the opportunity to parent and has the following capabilities.
- Provide leadership to a team of social workers and management/administration employees,
- Refine and implement the strategic plan for the organization, working with and on the Board of Directors,
- Liaise with government related to funding and contracts, as well as policy,
- Ensure financial and human resources are managed and optimized,
- Ensure program and service quality are excellent and consistent,
- Embody a ‘roll up their sleeves’ attitude, and
- Steward an organizational culture that is as professional as it is family-like, warm and welcoming.
Connections is an organization serving families in and around Calgary and that values a healthy and supportive work environment. The agency has a 30-year history and is more collaborative than hierarchical. It is also an organization with the potential to deepen its impact on the lives of people with cognitive disabilities, working towards a vision that people with cognitive challenges make choices and decisions for their lives, including being parents, with the support they need to be successful.
Qualifications The right candidate will have at least five years of management experience and expertise to lead the organization and, ideally, post-secondary education in social work, social sciences, disabilities studies, non-profit management or related field. Experience working within the disability sector would be considered an asset. Proven capacity in executive management, Board governance, and financial acumen are key.
Compensation and Benefits The salary will be negotiated within the range of $85,000 to $95,000 per annum. Benefits include a flexible health and wellness plan.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate all those who apply but will only be in contact with successful candidates.
For more information, refer to other sections of this website at www.connectionscounselling.ab.ca and, please, no phone calls.