Call Connections at 403 209-1100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about getting involved.
Perfect for a company, club or family group, Connections hosts two family events at which we would welcome support. These events work will for groups from 4 to 10. A group might enjoy adopting both of these events as they are each only 2 ½ hours in length on a Sunday afternoon and by attending both, the group would get to see the same families. Individuals are invited to support events, a fundraiser/casino, and/or to participate on the Board of Directors.
Board of Directors volunteer
- expertise in finance, HR, communications, or general management especially helpful
- governance Board with monthly meetings, fourth Tuesday of the month starting at 5:30 pm, at the Connections office – more info
- prefer minimum of 2 year commitment
- can join at anytime during the year with position formalized at June AGM
- while time commitment is minimal, looking for enthusiastic, active Board meeting participation, consistent attendance, participation/support at a client event and one “Family Dinner” fundraiser during the year
Summer Family Picnic – end of August
- provide and barbecue hamburgers and hot dogs to feed approximately 90 adults and children
- provide and serve fruit and/or salads, juice
- face painting or other children’s game
Christmas Family Party – early December
- provide and serve simple hot dinner (eg. pulled pork on buns) to feed approximately 110 adults and children
- provide and wrap about 30 family gifts – we assemble family activity kits like a movie package or an outdoor fun package for each family we support. For some families, this is their only Christmas gift.
- provide supplies and help with children’s games – crafts, story corner, etc.
Family Dinner Fundraiser – a Sunday in October
Are you tired of the same old gala fundraiser? We’ve turned the gala on its head and host a Sunday Family Dinner. This is an opportunity to celebrate one of the most valued traditions of family life – the family dinner. Children are welcome and provide a chance for parents to introduce their children to the importance of giving back and supporting others in your community.